Friday, May 7, 2010



This is mainly for my sister, Jenn, but I found this online. It is a way to keep your blog's private, but still have the news feed to let people know you have updated.



A friend of mine mentioned a "sort of" work around for this - it's a little cumbersome, but I've found it helps a lot -

Step 1.) Create a "front page" blog for your private blog - for example, your private blog is "http://myblog.blogspot.com" - so make a new (public) blog that is "http://myblogfrontpage.blogspot.com"

Step 2.) Publish a post on myblog.blogspot.com

Step 3.) Publish a post on myblogfrontpage.blogspot.com that says that you posted a new post on your private blog, complete with either a link to your private blog, or simply a link to the new post.

I know it sounds stupid, but at least then your readers don't have to check your blog every day (or 2-3 days) they can just see in their reader that you published a new post, and they can click on that link to take them directly to the post.

I think this is an excellent idea for you Jenn....





1 comment:

  1. That is a good idea! I'll have to see about doing that for mine once I have my life a little more under control. ;-)

    ReplyDelete